MAIN AIMS OF THE THE ASSOCIATION OF COMMUNES „POLISH GOTHIC CASTLES”
The main objective of the Association is to establish co-operation of the communes which have Gothic castles in their area. The co-operation will focus on promotion of those historic medieval constructions by:
– designing a tourist trail round the Gothic castles
– promoting a group of Gothic castles and other buildings in Poland as high quality tourist attractions
– initiating, supporting and implementing local ideas regarding tourism and tourism-related activities
– gathering and disseminating tourist information about the communes which are the members of the Association
– co-operating with domestic and foreign travel agencies and with tourist information centres
MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION:
Bytów, Człuchów, Dzierzgoń, Skarszewy, Malbork, Sztum, Gniew, Kwidzyn, Nowe, Ostróda, Nidzica, Olsztyn, Lidzbark Warmiński, Kętrzyn, Ryn
BOARD MEMBERS (from March 2015 to March 2017)
Chairman of the Board – Piotr Grzymowicz (Olsztyn)
Deputy Chairman – Paweł Bukowski (Nidzica)
Ewa Ruczyńska (Sztum)
Marta Wróblewska (Malbork)
Alina Rudak (Kętrzyn)
Józef Kotwicki (Nidzica)
Marian Gospodarek (Bytów)
10 Pieniężnego St.
tel./fax. 089 535 32 76, 535 887 090
Office Manager: Izabela Narożniak
Since 7 January 2013 r. The Association of Communes ‘Polish Gothic Castles’ as the Lead Partner has been implementing the Project entitled ‘Improvement of the attractiveness of north-eastern Poland and Kaliningrad Region by developing and promoting shared tourist trails’. The Project is implemented from Lithuania-Poland-Russia ENPI Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007–2013, which is co-financed with funds from the European Union. The Project’s partners are: the Ministry for Tourism of Kaliningrad Region, the Self-government of the Province of Warmia and Mazury, the Commune of Olsztyn.
The overall objective of the Project is to create and promote Polish-Russian tourist products based on the shared cultural and historical values of Kaliningrad Region of Russian Federation and the of north-eastern Poland as well as to improve the knowledge and historical awareness of young people and other residents of the area.
The main forms of activity under the Project are:
1. paper publications: ‘On the Trail of Historic Figures: Nicolas Copernicus and Immanuel Kant’, ‘The Gothic Castles on the Trail of the Napoleonic Army’, ‘Kaliningrad – the Past and the Present Day’, ‘The Gothic Castles – an Offer for Tourists’;
2. e-book: ‘The History and Culture of Prussia’;
3. film: presenting the castles and towns connected with the lives of Nicolas Copernicus and Immanuel Kant;
4. history and landscape knowledge competitions for Polish and Russian students;
5. ‘live’ history lessons for schoolchildren from Polish and Russian schools in museums in Poland and Kaliningrad Region;
6. signposting of the trail of the castles in Poland and Kaliningrad Region.
The Project finishes on 7 November 2014. The Project is co-financed by the European Union with the amount of 115 200,00 Euro (470 119,68 PLN), which is 90% of the total cost.