On behalf of the Association of Municipalities “Polish Gothic Castles”, I inform you that due to the prevailing coronavirus pandemic COVID-19 causing COVID-19 disease, there will be no competition on knowledge of Gothic castles for primary school pupils, the final of which was scheduled for 4 June this year. at the castle in Ostróda. The competition will take place in the school year 2020/2021.
Director of the Association Office
By decision of the Warmia and Mazury Board of Education in Olsztyn, the competition of knowledge about Gothic Castles was entered in the List of knowledge, artistic and sports competitions organized by the Warmia-Mazury School Superintendent or other entities operating on the school grounds, which can be listed on the certificate of completion of primary school.
The competition consists of two stages:
–I stage (municipal) – will be held in 15 municipalities belonging to the Association of Municipalities “Polish Gothic Castles” and 8 municipalities belonging to the Association “Dom Warmiński” on any selected dates, preceding the central stage of the competition
– II stage (central) – the final of the competition will take place on June 4, 2020, at the Museum in Ostróda, ul. Mickiewicza 22, 14-100 Ostróda, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The competition starts at 11:00 a.m.
The final of the competition in Ostróda will be attended by the winners of the first and second places, selected during the municipal stage in the individual municipalities in the category – primary schools. Accordingly, each municipality will be represented by two finalists of the first stage of the municipal competition – the first and second place. Each participant of the central stage of the competition is accompanied by only one guardian.
Both stages of the competition (municipal and central) will be carried out in the form of a written test. The municipal stage of the competition will be carried out in the form of a written test – mark the correct answers, according to attached proposal. The central stage of the competition will be conducted in the form of a written test such as the participant’s own answer to the question.
Participation in the central stage (final of the competition) can be submitted after the municipal/county stage of the competition. By 29 May this year, the names of the two winners of the first places of the municipal/district stage of the competition must be sent to the Office of the Association of Municipalities “Polish Gothic Castles”, to the e-mail address: [email protected] or fax 89 535 32 76.
Additional information: Izabela Narożniak – director of the office of the Association of Municipalities “Polish Gothic Castles”, tel. 535 887 090, e-mail: [email protected] and in the terms and conditions available below.
The range of messages necessary to prepare for the competition includes the material indicated in the bibliography of the competition and scanned for the purposes of the competition, available on the following websites. The materials are posted on the website of the Association of Municipalities “Polish Gothic Castles” www.zamkigotyckie.hekko24.pl, in the tab: competition and association “Dom Warmiński” www.domwarminski.pl, in the tab: competition.
Bibliography of the competition:
First ( (municipal) stage of the Gothic Castles Knowledge Competition
Bibliography for primary school pupils
- K. Trybulski, Teutonic, pages: 6, 7, 28, 29, 34, 35
- P. Skurzyński, Teutonic Castles,pages : 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Stage two (centre) of the Gothic Castles Knowledge Competition
Bibliography for primary school pupils
- History and culture of Warmia and Mazury, under ed. I. Lewandowska, pages: 78, 79, 80, 81, 86, 87, 88, 89, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108
- S. Achremczyk, History of Warmia and Mazury From Prada to strony1945, pages : 10, 27, 28, 29, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 62, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73
- K. Trybulski, Teutonic, pages: 7, 8, 24, 25, 26, 27, 36, 37, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
- K. Trybulski, Teutonic
- History and culture of Warmia and Mazury, under ed. I. Lewandowska
- P. Skurzyński, Teutonic Castles
- Sr. Achremczyk, History of Warmia and Mazury